By entering the ContestChest.com 2014 Contest you indicate that you agree to these rules
as well as to the terms and conditions of the ContestChest.com website.
- The contest is open to people in all countries.
- The value of the grand prize depends on the number of people who have entered the contest. For each person who enters
the contest another $0.02 (US Dollars) will be added to the grand prize up to a maximum of $10,000.00. However, the grand prize is
guaranteed to be at least $1,000.00.
- Each person who enters the contest (entrant) must select a charity that will receive at least 10% of the grand prize amount.
A default charity will be selected when someone enters the contest and they may change it and select a different charity.
- Each entrant may also increase the percentage that will be given to the selected charity in case they win.
But, the percentage must be at least 10%. After the contest has closed, no-one may decrease the percentage that
they have pledged to a charity.
- Any entrant or member of Contest Chest may add a charity if it is not already listed.
- If a charity decides, for whatever reason, that they do not want to participate in this contest then all entries that
have selected that charity will be changed to the default charity.
- The portion of the prize money due to the charity will be paid directly to the charity by the Sponsor. This means that
the amount paid to the winner is the grand prize amount minus the amount paid to the charity that the winner selected.
- How to enter: The contest can be entered online by following the instructions here
and clicking a button "Enter me in this contest". Entering the contest
requires becoming a member of ContestChest.com, which is free of charge.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- By entering the contest you agree to receive a weekly update email about this contest from ContestChest.com and to subscribe to the daily
ContestChest.com newsletter. You may unsubscribe from either of these emails at any time, but if you unsubscribe from either of
these emails you will no longer be eligible to be selected as the winner.
- Each person may only enter the contest once. However, you can earn additional entries by referring other people to the contest.
Once you've entered the contest you'll be given your own unique hyperlinks that you can use to refer other people to the contest.
You will only earn an additional entry once someone else has entered the contest as a result of your referral hyperlink.
- People under the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside must have permission from their
parents or legal guardians to participate in the contest.
- Employees and their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings or spouse, regardless of where they live,
or persons living in same household, whether related or not) of the Sponsor,
their subsidiaries, and each of their respective parent companies, franchisees, affiliates, contractors, consultants, legal counsel,
public relations, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers, website providers, webmasters, advertising and promotional,
fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this contest,
are not eligible to participate.
- The prize money will be paid out in 10 equal monthly installments.
- If you are the winner and you live in South Africa, the money will be transferred to you via direct
bank transfer. If you live in another country, it will be sent to you via PayPal.
No other payment methods will be considered.
- The contest will close on 31 December 2014 or sooner if at least 500,000 people have entered the contest before that date.
- We reserve the right to amend the competition or the competition rules at any time without prior notice.
- A winner for the prize will be drawn by lucky draw.
- The potential winner will be contacted via email and must claim the prize within 48 hours after being notified.
Failure to claim the prize within this time will result in disqualification.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use the names and addresses of winners,
their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity. Refusal to cooperate in promotional activity will result in disqualification.
- The winner must provide their real name and the name of the city where they live as well as a recent photograph of themselves.
Failure to provide this will result in disqualification.
- Except where prohibited by law, prize winners grant to the sponsor the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use,
worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times,
each prize winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for advertising, trade,
and promotional purposes without additional consideration, compensation, permission or notification.
- If a potential winner is disqualified, another potential winner will be selected and also given 48 hours to claim the prize. This will be repeated until
a potential winner is found who successfully claims their prize.
- In the event a potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules,
such potential prize winner and all rights to the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
- The charity selected by the winner will only be revealed and contacted after a potential prize winner has been found who has successfully claimed their prize.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering,
unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the organizer that corrupt or affect the administration,
security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, the sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to
cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, or any part of it, at its sole discretion.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the contest is impaired in any way for any reason,
including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either:
(a) suspend the contest to address the impairment and then resume the contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules;
or (b) cancel the contest and award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment
in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by sponsor.
- The Sponsor of this contest is ContestChest.com.
- By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest judges which are final and binding in all respects.
- This contest is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.